This is a friendly, low pressure community for writers and fan-artists to develop their writing and/or drawing skills. This community was inspired mostly by the 30_smirks and 30_songs communities, not to mention all the other 30_themes communities.
The main idea is the same as that of the other 30_themes communities communities. Just sign up for your pairing at this POST and you have your claim. For the duration of the 30 themes, the characters will be yours to manipulate, after which they are free for anyone to use. That is to say that after you have completed your 30 works of art and/or fictions/drabbles, the pairings will be up for grabs again.
In the 30_songs community, a list of songs is given, and you must include them in some way in your fic--whether that means mentioning them, using them as a title, using them as inspiration, or whatnot. Likewise, here, the lyrics can be used in any way. The main thing is to be inspired by them.
This community was created because, looking at the list of songs on the 30_songs community, I was impressed at the variety and loved the idea--but I'm not so good at taking an entire song as inspiration, personally. Therefore, each of the themes for 30_lyrics is a single lyric from a song, and can be taken in or out of context as inspiration. Thank you.
This community is for both fictional characters AND original ones, and might contain mature content. However, we will not limit what you are to read, so please surf at your discretion. Yaoi/slash/boy love, het and yuri are all encouraged and welcome, and flaming is not permitted. Be open-minded here, please. Also, this is redundant, but have fun! |D
1. The same performance, in the same old way; it's the same old story to this Passion Play.
2. So put a candle in the window and a kiss upon his lips, as the dish outside the window fills with rain.
3. Put your ear to the speaker and choose love or sympathy - but never both.
4. I'm being punished for all my offences, I wanna touch you but I'm afraid of the consequences.
5. This is your life - don't play hard to get.
6. Careful, be careful, this is where the world drops off.
7. We're here and now, but will we ever be again?
8. Summer has come and passed; the innocent can never last.
9. Every star in the sky is taking aim at your eyes like a spotlight.
10. I don't care what consequence it brings, I have been a fool for lesser things.
11. I guess a reaction is all I was looking for.
12. I just pray that you will love me and trust me.
13. I had to stop in my tracks for fear of walking on the mines I'd laid.
14. And I dreamed your dream for you and now your dream is real.
15. I have traveled the paths of desire, following smoke and remembering fire.
16. Without you, everything falls apart. Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
17. Hypocrites, you're all here for the very same reasons.
18. Put on your raincoat again, cause even the sun's got a price on it.
19. This is not that I think that I'm throwing, but I'm thrown.
20. You've been the only thing that's right in all I've done.
21. My heart can't possibly break when it wasn't even whole to start with.
22. Wish I could prove I love you, but does that mean I have to walk on water?
23. They won't make it home but they really don't care.
24. With us, it must be all or not at all.
25. If you want it, come and get it, for crying out loud.
26. I laugh, I feel, I make believe it's real.
27. Somewhere, sometime down the line, someday I may confess and tell you all... that's all.
28. Game we're playing is life; love's a two-way dream.
29. Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth... and the truth isn't what you want to see.
30. I don't really think that I like this game - I don't think I understood all the rules.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Bonus ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
31. Isn’t it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?
32. She says that love is for fools who fall behind.
33. I know I'm dead on the surface, but I am screaming underneath.
34. We feed upon the broken branch, we kiss the stars goodbye.
35. See it rising, stare in wonder, hear it beckon you to dance.
Note: Any of the 30 themes can be traded out for one of the Bonus themes. But each Bonus theme can only be used once, and you have to do 30 themes total. Ergo, you may switch out a total of 5 themes for the Bonuses. You may also choose to do 35 themes and use all the Bonuses, if you're crrrazy enough. ^^;;
1. Similar to most 30_themes communities, you do not have to follow the themes in any order. Just do it as inspiration hits.
2. Take as long as you wish, but try to post something once every month or so. If you remain inactive for more than two months, your pairing will be put back to the drawingboard for others to claim. If you are going to go abroad or missing for two months or more, please email and/or comment at the Claims post.
3. Each participant may claim up to two couples at a time. No threesomes, kay? However, if you wish to claim two couples, they must be from different fandoms. These couples will be yours and no one else's for the duration of your 30 themes. Once you complete your 30 themes, that couple will be fair game for anyone else who wishes to claim them. *Note - claiming two couples means you're expected to do all 30 themes for each couple.*
Exception--collaborations are allowed, but keep it to a maximum of two people. This means that you work together to do one set of 30 themes, not that you each do 30 on your own. The couple will count as one couple for each of you, and the fandom rule still applies.
4.To request a couple, please respond to this POST. Please make sure you include the full names of both characters and the fandom that they are from! Also, please check the list of claimed couples first to make sure they haven't already been taken.
Also, if you have already requested one couple, and would like to request another, make a new comment thread instead of replying to your old comment. If you reply to an old comment, chances are we're not going to see it when we go through the list.
When you are done with a couple or decide that you can't/don't want to finish, please leave a comment in this entry so that couple can quickly be freed up for someone else.
5. When a couple is claimed, that counts for both writing and art. You can do either one or the other, or both, if you want to. If you can do both, then power to you! ^^
6. Interpret the themes as you will. Any word can mean anything and you can warp the meaning until it fits your needs... whatever those are. >D Just remember, the theme must play a part in some way. Use it as a quote at the beginning, or as a title, or just let it inspire you--but it has to make sense, so that if you say, "I used theme [blah]," the reader will nod and say, "Yeah, that makes sense," instead of staring and saying, "Zwah?" XDDD;; So write and/or draw as you see fit.
7. The style of your entries is entirely up to you. The length of the story/fiction doesn't matter; it's the content that does. Likewise for artists, it can be a rough sketch, or a really complicated piece of artwork that you've spent ages on. As long as you capture the theme of the lyric inside it, it's all good.
8. Don't worry too much about something being good or not good enough to post. Don't be too hard on yourself. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, ne? ^^
9. You can use work that you've already done and made public, but don't do this too often, because it defeats the whole purpose. This community is for creating new things, yes?
10. Please post all your works of art and fiction behind lj-cuts. When posting, try to follow this format as much as possible,
Fandom: Title: Author/Artist: Theme(s): (include the # number and full theme) Pairing/Characters: Rating: Disclaimer/claimer (if needed): Summary (if needed):
(picture/fiction behind an lj-cut or linked to your journal/webspace etc.)
12. All ratings are welcome here! HOWEVER, anything of an R or higher rating ABSOLUTELY MUST be put behind an LJ-cut and clearly marked as such in front of the LJ-cut!
13. If you're posting something with more than one chapter, it's up to you whether you want to post a chapter at a time, or wait until you've finished the whole thing.
14. Plagiarism will absolutely not be tolerated. Be original.
15. Feedback is wonderful, but it should always be constructive! We're here to help and encourage each other! Flaming is not allowed and will be frowned upon.